Thursday, December 2, 2010

Voltorb

Seems simple enough, a big sphere with eyes. Then again, took me two days of almost non-stop work to complete it.



This was the skin design I used. i made it in paint, every pixel is a stitch, and black dots in the middle are just counting markers that I used.
The Voltorb is 100 stitches by 60 stitches, like I said in my previous post. Not sure if I want to make anything else that big anymore, but we'll see what the future holds

I had a few changes from my previous sphere besides size. This time, I cast on the 100 stitches, then knitted the first row and thread the string through that row. After that, I pearled second row, knitted third, and so on until I had 60 rows, then I thread another string through that row, then cast off to finish the rectangle. Afterwards, I sewed it like a regular sphere, though I made sure to use white on white and red on red, then I closed off the bottom, stuffed it through the top, and closed off the top. I think this was quite good for a first time making something like this.

I'm not going to say what my next plan is, but it will be a little bit more complicated than just a sphere, that way I can start learning some proportions, since that's the whole reason I started this in the first place. All in all, I'm just glad I was able to get something good up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment