Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blogging assignment, beginning

This blog is the start of an assignment for my ATEC 2320 class. I am supposed to start a theme for my blogs, and since I am interested in designing 3D characters, I want to have something with that. However, I have very little experience with 3D designing programs, so I decided I'd try to relate it to something I know how to do. I couldn't think of anything, but as my luck usually is, i found inspiration while looking around for something completely unrelated to my assignment.

An interesting fact about me is that I am the only male that I know who currently knits. I was searching online for ideas on what to make next, when I came across this blog here. I liked how these were made with only yarn and stuffing, but I don't know how to crochet. So instead, I am going to try to figure out how to make these guys and more through my knitting.

For my first experiment, I a trying to make a simple, single color sphere. It sounds easy, but I have already failed twice. I am on my third attempt. This related to 3D design because I am using this to learn proportions, and I am technically making 3D models, just without the aid of a computer. I am almost done with my sphere, and I hope to find a way to upload a picture from my phone to my computer, I just have to find my SD card converter.

As I go, I am going to try more and more different models, and hopefully by the end of this I'll be able to make something more than simple shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment